Recovery of Moorings
An attempt to recover two moorings, estimated to be located within the approx. locations below, will be undertaken in November 2021.
A further NtM will be issued to confirm the outcome of the recovery attempt.
A Remotely Operated Vehicle will be deployed to identify the moorings. The moorings will then be bought to deck and transported to shore.
Wave Buoy Mooring:
Before start of the ROV operation:
• The vessel will run survey lines between original location and recovery position (see coordinates below).
ROV search locations
• 51°28’35.34″N 5°36’8.10″W (original location)
• 51°28’37.44″N 5°36’11.04″W (potential recovery position)
ROV search locations:
• 51°27’45.29”N 5°37’7.32”W (original location)
• 51°27’45.10″N 5°36’39.66″W (estimated release point)
In case the mooring system cannot be found at the above locations, a survey will be completed within the search area (coordinates provided in section 2).
These locations identified will be surveyed to ensure all possible known locations have been searched.
It is recommended that mariners continue to remain vigilant and make note of the approximate mooring locations below.
For further details click on the button below: