Blue Gem Wind Ltd (“we”, “us”, “our”) are conscious of our data protection obligations and are committed to protecting your personal data.
The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to outline how we deal with any personal data you provide to us while visiting this website and in the context of receiving marketing communications from us and/or communicating with us generally. We will outline your data protection rights and detail how the law protects you.
1. Who we are
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 679/2016) (the “GDPR”) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (together the “applicable Data Protection law”), we are the “data controller” with regard to the personal data described in this Privacy Statement. Data controllers determine the purposes for which, and the manner in which, any personal data is processed, who make independent decisions in relation to the personal data and/or who otherwise control that personal data.
2. What is personal data?
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, for example, a name, address or date of birth or an online identifier such as an IP address.
3. Personal data we collect from you
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data such as first name, last name, job title, title and gender;
- Contact Data such as email address and telephone number;
- Technical Data such as your internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website;
- Usage Data including information about how you use our website,
- Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
4. How we collect your personal data
We collect your personal data in a number of ways:
- We collect personal data when you use our “Contact Us” form or email us from the addresses on our web page;
- We collect personal data and other information from you during the course of doing business, and;
- We may collect your personal data at client events, seminars, or otherwise in the course of our business providing for blue economy developers.
5. Why and on what basis we process your personal data
To provide you with information and any other service which you have requested and consented to;
- To administer billing and to processing payments in connection with the services we provide which you have consented to;
- To comply with our legal and compliance obligations including record keeping, anti-money laundering and tax laws;
- To provide you with information on projects we are involved with and general ‘blue economy’ information which we think you may be interested in. We will always provide you with an option to unsubscribe or opt-out of any such communications;
- Where we rely on consent as a legal basis, you may withdraw consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This includes where you wish to unsubscribe from any marketing communications you receive from us.
6. Sharing your personal data
We will not share your information with any third parties, unless you give us specific permission to do so. This permission will be asked for in a way that is clear and easy to understand e.g. we would like to share information collected in our supply chain database form with relevant blue economy clusters and development agencies i.e. Marine Energy Wales.
7. Keeping your personal data secure
We take appropriate security measures against unlawful or unauthorised processing of personal data, and against the accidental loss of, or damage to, personal data.
8. For how long do we keep your personal data?
Your personal data will be deleted when it is no longer reasonably required for the purposes described above or you withdraw your consent (where applicable) and we are not legally required or otherwise permitted to continue storing such data. Where you ask to be unsubscribed from marketing communications we may keep a record of your email address and the fact that you have unsubscribed to ensure that you are not sent any further emails in the future.
10. Third-party links
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy statement of every website you visit.
11. Your rights
Under the applicable Data Protection law, in certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request information about whether we hold personal data about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding/using it;
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”); Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you;
- Request erasure of your personal data;
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground;
- Request the suspension of processing of your personal data; and / or,
- Request transfer of your personal data in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party (commonly known as a right to “data portability”). Under the applicable Data Protection law there are certain exemptions and restrictions that may be relevant in relation to your request. If we refuse your request based on any such provision we will always inform you of our lawful reasons for so doing.
12. Updates to this Privacy Statement
Our Privacy Statement may change from time to time, and any changes to this Privacy Statement will be posted on our website and will be effective when posted.
13. How to Contact Us
If you would like to contact us with any queries or comments in relation to data privacy or otherwise please contact email@example.com.
This policy was last updated on the 7th of July 2020.