Role Description Contract Engineer
Blue Gem Wind (BGW) is responsible for developing two floating offshore wind farms in the Celtic Sea. The first, a 100MW ‘Test and Demonstration’ project (Erebus) with milestones for consent application in December 2021, FID 2024 and Commercial Operation Date (COD) 2026. The second, a 300MW ‘early commercial’ project (Valorous) with milestones for consent application in April 2023, FID 2026 and COD 2029. Both projects will contribute to the UK Government target of 1GW of Floating Offshore Wind (FOW) by 2030 and represent stepping stone projects to future commercial scale projects planned in the region.
To deliver robust commercial agreements for the continuing development of both Erebus and Valorous projects
Reports to:- Contracts and Procurement Manager
Location:- London (primary base)/ Aberdeen or Pembroke Project Offices with remote working during current restrictions
Duration:- Full time
The position will require a university degree or equivalent level of education, preferably in legal, general engineering, technical or commercial qualification. The candidate will demonstrate a broad-based commercial background and first class negotiations skills. The position requires relevant experience in a contract tendering / management environment, preferably within the offshore wind industry, with at least 5 years of demonstrable contracting / procurement management experience.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate that they have the following capabilities:
- Knowledge of forms of contract used in the offshore wind / offshore engineering sector,
- Supporting successful tendering and contracting activities for major contracts,
- Strong commercial skills,
- Be results-oriented, able to meet tight deadlines and produce concise information for senior management,
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to manage own workload, meet timescales and coordinate a number of external and internal stakeholders,
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to enable effective discussion and transfer of information between, contractors, colleagues and other stakeholders,
- Diligent and detail-focused,
- Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken),
- Ability to work as a member of a large, multidisciplinary and international team,
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
For a Job Description and more details click here